Navigating the Family Court system can be difficult, confusing, and overwhelming. For those who have experienced abuse in their relationships, this process is intensified by safety concerns and increased complexities with child custody, access, and support.
This FREE program empowers individuals through information, support and appropriate referrals. All information is confidential.
More info is available in our brochure.
- Support and advocacy in navigating the family court system
- Information about the family court process
- Accompaniment to family court proceedings and lawyer appointments
- Safety planning, especially related to court appearances
- Assistance with recording the history of abuse for court
- Debrief and discuss court results and next steps
- Support with completion of paperwork and lawyer’s requests
- Referrals and advocacy with community supports and services
- Information and practical support in accessing Legal Aid